Flensburg is an independent town in the north of the German state of Schleswig-Holstein. Flensburg is the centre of the region of Southern Schleswig. After Kiel and Lübeck it is the third largest town in Schleswig-Holstein.
In May 1945, Flensburg was the site of the last government of Nazi Germany, the so-called Flensburg government led by Karl Dönitz, which was in power from 1 May for one week until German armies surrendered and the town was occupied by Allied troops. The regime was officially dissolved on 23 May.
The nearest larger towns are Kiel and Odense in Denmark .
Flensburgs city centre lies about from the Danish border.
In Germany, Flensburg is known for
* the nationwide database of traffic violators, also called Verkehrssünderkartei
* its beer Flensburger Pilsener, also called "Flens"
* the centre of the Danish national minority in Germany
* the greeting Moin Moin
* the large erotic mail-order companies Beate Uhse and Orion
* its handball team SG Flensburg-Handewitt
* the Naval Academy at Mürwik with its sail training ship Gorch Fock
This Escort-Europe.com website is strictly intended for adult viewing only. By browsing this site you are agreeing that you are legally entitled to do so. If you are under 18, please leave this website now. Escort-Europe.com is a classified advertising website only and has no connection to any of the individuals or other websites named here. We are not an escort agency and are not involved in the escort or prostitution business.